Exceptionally Successful? Let’s see.
You read this blog because you’re a Millennial Accountant.
You’re in the Top 10% of your industry, for your age group – the millennials. You will be running (and advancing) the public accounting industry and the way CPAs serve clients. Some sooner than others, but you’re all on a great path.
But do you have what it takes to be Exceptionally Successful? Here’s some thoughts from Jeff that I though you might be interested in (I know you love to challenge and measure yourself):
Unfortunately, there is no magic bullet. There is no one-size-fits-all prescription. But there are certain qualities that incredibly successful people share…especially those who make a significant impact on the lives of other people in the process.
See how many apply to you:
1. You find happiness in the success of others.
2. You relentlessly seek new experiences.
3. You don’t think work/life balance, you just think life.
4. You’re incredibly empathetic.
5. You have something to prove–to yourself.
6. You ignore the 40-hour workweek hype.
7. You see money as a responsibility, not a reward.
8. You don’t think you’re remarkable.
9. You know that success is fleeting, but dignity and respect last forever.
The most important thing successful people provide their employees, customers, vendors–everyone they meet–is dignity. And so should you…because when you do, everything else follows.
Sounds a lot like the millennial accountants I know.